Incorrect tagging in Spanish

Brian Macwhinney macw at cmu.edu
Wed Dec 14 16:37:44 UTC 2022

Dear E.,
    As you see, statistical disambiguation is not 100% perfect.  In these cases, I can add a rule to ex.cut to simply block these two forms: tardes and cosas as verbs.  However, that means they will never be recognized.  They are pretty rare and this could be the best solution.  There is also an option to create prepost or postmortem rules for this, but that is overkill in these cases.  So, I will add these to ex.cut.  I am not seeing any problem with “dar”.

— Brian MacWhinney