marking extraneous words as errors

Daisuke Miyamoto dmiyamoto at g.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Fri Feb 4 11:52:19 UTC 2022

Hello,

I would like to ask you whether it is possible to mark extraneous words as *[:
0] [*]*. For example, does the following transcription make sense?

*CHI:        there are a *[: 0] [*]* so many people living in the *[: 0]
[*]* Japan .

By using [*], I intend to mark "a" and "the" as errors (incorrect use of a
determiner). At the same time, I thought [: 0] can be used in order to
exclude "a" and "the" from the %mor and %gra tiers.

If this tagging does not seem to work, could you let me know if we have any
other way to mark extraneous words as errors?

Best,
Daisuke Miyamoto
the University of Tokyo