Replacements in dependent tiers

remeig...@gmail.com remeigonzalez at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 20:06:46 UTC 2022

Dear all,

We are trying to find a way *to replace several codes* we used in a
dependent tier in many files, in order to create new files with these new
codes.

As far as I know, the CHSTRING command with a *.cut *file containing a list
of all the replacements can be used for this purpose, but I’m afraid of
going wrong and replacing strings that we are not supposed to, specially in
the case of complex codes containing characters like : or – (although I
believe they’re not considered metacharacters in this case).

I would go with something like:

CHSTRING %dep “$code-Iwant-to-change” “resulting-code”.

Is there any other way to do it or is there any unique option I should use
in the case of using CHSTRING in dependent tiers?

Furthermore, I noticed the next: when using CHSTRING command it gives me
back as an output a .chstr.cex file format. Is there any way to avoid this?

Thank you in advance,

--

Remei González Manzanero