Replacements in dependent tiers

remeig...@gmail.com remeigonzalez at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 21:27:34 UTC 2022

Good day,
Thank you very much for the fast reply. I really appreciate your help.

Now I understand what the +1 is for, I saw it in other commands used by
other people but I didn't understand it.

Regarding to the specific command "chstring +t%dep +s"$code-1*"
"$new-code*"", using the * would keep with no changes all the words
contained in that *? So would this mean that I can replace specific parts
of the old codes using this specific command?

Another question that just came to me now is that: is there any way to use
exceptions in the codes, such as changing a code that contains specific
words except for one word? I'm not sure if I'm expressing myself right.

Example: chstring +t%dep +s"$code-*want-to-change-EXCEPT
'SPECIFIC-WORD-I-DON'T-WANT-TO-CHANGE" "$new-code"

Thank you for offering giving the exact command lines. I believe for now it
is okay, I will practice with the command before and I will let you know in
the case we need more help.

Best regards,
--
Remei González Manzanero