RELY not giving right line numbers for mismatches when triple clicking on line number in output

Michelle Barton mbarton at ncf.edu
Tue Nov 22 16:50:12 UTC 2022

Hello,

I am running RELY to compare 2 coders' codes with this command:

rely AdamLiz040624coded.cha   AdamMB040624coded.cha  +c  +2  +t%xqif  -t*

When I get the output file with the line numbers that are noted as
mismatches (eg first mismatch in CEX is for line 686 in both transcripts),
the line numbers reported DO match to the ACTUAL line numbers with a
mismatch ONLY IF I scroll through each transcript to find those line
numbers.... then I can see that, yes, there is a mismatch on line 686 (when
setting both transcripts to number every line).

BUT, if I triple click on the line numbers in the CEX file with the RELY
output (ie, 686 in each), I land on different places in the transcripts
(ie, lines 2027 in Lizcoded and 2029 in MBcoded, not on line 686) AND in
one file (LizCoded) it lands on a *speaker *line instead of a code line
(line 2027, NOT line 686), and in the other file (MBcoded) it lands on  a
code line (line 2029, not 686).  Triple clicking on any pair of line
numbers listed in the output is giving similar weird landing spots in the
transcripts, including always landing on the @End line for any line number
> 1871 (which is the 5th output in the CEX file).

It appears that the RELY *is* finding the places with the mismatches and
unmatched codes correctly, but the function of triple clicking it not
working. I have use the triple click feature extensively in the past when
training coders, and it worked fine then. I would like to be able to use it
now too if there is a fix to this.

I have attached the 2 coded transcripts and the CEX output file.

Thank  you for your help,
Michelle