Error-free verbs

May Y. Wu y.wu at rug.nl
Thu Mar 30 17:43:24 UTC 2023

Dear all,

We are trying to calculate the ratio of error-free verbs in our
transcripts. The transcripts look like this:

*XXX: &-and &-uh after that she continue [* st] [* m:a]
[^c id] to (.) &-um (.) be <a actress> [//] an actress [^c nf]
and (.) give [* st] [* m:a] us (.) several (.) very (.) significant
(.) roles [^c d] .
%mor: prep|after comp|that pro:sub|she v|continue inf|to cop|be det:art|a
n|actress coord|and v|give pro:obj|us qn|several adv|very
adj|significant n|role-PL .

We understand from the CLAN manual that it is possible to use "freq" to
search for " v|*" in the %mor tier, and then switch back to the speaker's
tier to see if the corresponding verb is followed by any errors "[\* *]".
However, we did not succeed. We have tried
*freq alt1.cha +sm|v +d7*
and
*kwal alt2.cha +t%mor +sv* +d31*

Do you have any suggestions on how we should do it?

Thanks ahead for any insights!

--
May