Circumlocution instances

Brian Macwhinney macw at cmu.edu
Thu May 11 13:57:19 UTC 2023

Dear Aditya,
     I used BBEdit to look for the code [+ circ] in the English AphasiaBank corpora.  It located only 14 instances.  Coding of circumlocutions depends on human decisions and there could be a lot more than that.  To find these using CLAN, the command would be
freq +s"<+ circ>" *.cha +re +u +t*
or
freq +s"<+ circ>" *.cha +re +u +t*

—Brian MacWhinney