Sending kwal results to Praat

jinyou...@gmail.com jinyoungjo710 at gmail.com
Sat May 13 05:19:13 UTC 2023

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how I can send the utterances that are output of
kwal to Praat. When I run kwal, the output does not contain bullet points
but only timestamps. Last time I asked the same question, I was told to
include +d +o at Media +f. This is slightly inconvenient for my purpose,
because when I'm extracting the target utterances from multiple .cha files,
it seems that separate output files are generated for each .cha input file.
Is there a way to get all the utterances (from different transcripts) on a
single file or present them on a single screen, so that I can send them to
Praat all at once?

Also, in the output files when I tried sending an utterance to Praat, I get
an error message "Can't locate media file or recognize media format" even
though the corresponding mp3 file is in the same folder as the transcript.
Why could this be?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Best,
Jinyoung