problem finding POS tagging in German CHILDES banks

Daniel Walter walterd08 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 17:07:58 UTC 2023

Hi,

I was reaching out to ask if someone might be able to help me understand
whether or not I'm able to query what I'm looking for in one of the CHILDES
German banks. I basically want to find all the locations where there is a
Determiner followed by an Adjective. However, when I use the
https://talkbank.org/DB/ data base search, it never returns any results
when I use the POS tags. Does this mean that the German files in CHILDES
are not tagged for POS? And if so, does anyone have a good workaround for
this? Is there some way I can put them in to a POS tagger from the
database? If my question isn't quite clear, I'm happy to provide more
details. I'm basically trying to avoid having to read through every
transcript for every German child and find all the DET + ADJ constructions
by hand.

Best,

Dan