Item Analysis for IPsyn-C?

Brian Macwhinney macw at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Apr 17 01:01:20 UTC 2024

Dear Tracy,
   I’m not quite sure what you mean by “item".  Here is an example of a rule that fires on a given word in a given transcript:

Rule: N7 - Plural suffix
        File "/Applications/CLANc/examples/transcripts/ne32/66.cha": line 956.
    Point1: n|cookie-PL
        File "/Applications/CLANc/examples/transcripts/ne32/66.cha": line 1030.
    Point2: n|crayon-PL
  Score: 2

Are you saying that you want to track the items of “cookie” and “crayon” or are you saying that you want to track the firing of Rule7/Point1.  What type of analysis are you envisioning.  Perhaps you could create a mockup of the .csv file you imagine with entries that illustrate what you have in mind.

— Brian MacWhinney
Teresa Heinz Professor of Cognitive Psychology,
Language Technologies and Modern Languages, CMU