CHIP source utterances

Emily Harrington emily.kae.harrington at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 20:53:30 UTC 2024

Hi there,

I am using CHIP to run analyses on caregiver and child imitations. I would
like to compare caregivers' source utterances (those that have been
imitated) with non-source utterances (those that were not imitated) across
a number of variables. However, I am struggling to find a code that will
break up the transcripts in this way.

I was successful in using KWAL to pull a list of source utterances. However,
I have not been successful in finding an automated way to flag source
utterances on a coding tier to then exclude them from analyses (for the
non-source utterance analyses).

Since CHIP identifies source utterances as part of the automated coding
process, I was curious if there was a way that I could get it to add a
$source code to utterances that were flagged as a source during imitation
coding.

Thanks!

Emily Harrington, M.S., CCC-SLP
PhD Student