What was the range of Chinook Jargon?

mcdonald at isn.net mcdonald at isn.net
Fri Jul 24 01:40:18 UTC 1998

Hi,

I'm Randy McDonald, a suscriber to this list. I was wondering whether
anyone had some information on the geographical dispersion of Chinook
Jargon -- was it concentrated in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia,
or was it in roughly-equal use throughout the Pacific Northwest?

On a similar note, was use of Chinook Jargon limited to certain
ethnocultural groups, like the Salishan peoples and their neighbors?
Was/Is Chinook Jargon commonly used by non-Natives?

Thanks,
Randy

 R.F. McDonald
 rmcdonald at upei.ca
 Home E-mail: mcdonald at isn.net
=20
=20
 "What! call a Turk, a Jew, and a Siamese, my brother? Yes, of course;=20
 for are we all not children of the same father, and the creatures of=20
 the same God?"
=20
     - Voltaire, from Treatise on Tolerance, 1763
=20