CAMAS & WAPATP etymologies

Wed Oct 7 21:31:20 UTC 1998

Thanks to everyone who has chimed in on this subject (Mike Cleven, Dave
Robertson, Sarah Thomason, Henry Zenk), and my apologies for not
responding sooner or more fully. I have been so busy at my stevedoring
work (80 hours last week) that I've scarcely had time to read e-mail,
much less absorb it and answer intelligently! Perhaps in another week or
so...

One specific request of Sally, though: could you please give me the
reference to the 1792 occurrence of CAMAS? It might shed quite a
different light on the etymology.

Again, thank you.

Alan
--