Kwagyulh (Kwakiutl) words in CJ? Chayni (Chinese) in CJ?

Tue Apr 20 02:45:48 UTC 1999

LhaXayEm,

YucqEt-Ikta na munk c'Em:

Hayu na hay-kEmtEks khakwa tIlIXEm wawa, tEnEs-hayu Kwagyulh pi Chayni
Iktas mIlhayt khapa ChInuk Wawa.

Alta Ikta ukuk Chayni pi Kwagyulh tEnEs-wawa?

Lhush wik ma wawa nayka ikanem!

Dave

[Khapa BastEn:  I'll write briefly:  I've often heard how people say that
there are some Kwakiutl and Chinese items in Chinook Jargon.  What are
these Chinese and Kwakiutl words, then?  Don't tell me any legends, now!]

 *VISIT the archives of the CHINOOK jargon and the SALISHAN & neighboring*
		    <=== languages lists, on the Web! ===>
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/salishan.html
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/chinook.html