[Fwd: Can you help us? // Buscando ayuda.]

Henry Zenk psu18009 at ODIN.CC.PDX.EDU
Fri Dec 3 03:27:44 UTC 1999

On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, Jim Holton wrote:

> Kanawi Lasksta,
> Nayka iskEm ukuk e-mail.  Nayka tEmtEm:
> "nEsayka munk kanamakwst" pus "Let's all work together" Lush.
> Xluwima tEmtEm?
> LaXayEm, Jim

Jim,

There is in Grand Ronde Chinuk Wawa the word (from Chinookan) ni'xwa
'let's'.  So

nixwa nEsayka khanamakst mamuk 'let's us do together' comes pretty close,
I think, to the meaning intended.  More explicit (and more "Grand
Rondey"):

nixwa nEsayka kanamakst munk-LuS khanawi-ikta 'let's us work on (=munk-LuS
'improve, fix') everything (=khanawi-ikta) together'

--Henry