Learn about the Chinook people here!

David Gene Lewis coyotez at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Fri Dec 10 18:38:55 UTC 1999

Klahowya Richard-
I found your input and list of good source very helpful as I am forming an
extensive library also. However, many native people have come to question
some of the early Beckham texts as inaccurate. I tend to agree as Beckham
has become the self appointed expert in Oregon and has a tendancy to want
to "get the information into publication" before others. I would prefer to
see histories written by Indian people. This is what I am working toward.
David