Lumping: 4 sources with dollops of CJ

Nadja Adolf nadolf at NAVITEL.COM
Wed Jan 27 19:45:39 UTC 1999

>From common Northwest parlance in the 1950s-early 1990s, there
is some continuity here in the English as spoken.

	[Nadja Adolf]
	The salmon is still known as the Chinook in the Northwest. I was
confused
	when I saw it labelled "King" in California.

> 	*page 34:  'The silver salmon, "Oncorhynchus Kisutch," known
> also
> 	as "Kisutch", "Skowitz", Hoopid and lastly Cohoe, is stated to
> 	attain a weight of 30 lb....'
	[Nadja Adolf]
	Cohoe in the Northwest is still the silver. There is a salmon
known in California
	as Cohoe that is called "chum" in the Northwest - because it was
considered
	best as a bait fish in the old days. Today it is used in salmon
loaf in the Northwest.