Chinook Jargon shorthand materials *not in LeJeune's hand

Thu Jun 3 17:23:45 UTC 1999

klahawiam,

Please take this with a grain of salt, but without consulting any sources
yet, I believe JC Pilling determined that Father LeJeune of Kamloops
credited several materials to Bishop Durieu, whereas the Bishop wrote to
Pilling (compiler of the excellent Chinookan Bibliography) that all the
actual work on those items was done by LeJeune.

Also I just haven't sat down with the items you mention, though I have
worked on isolated samples from "Bishop Durieu's Old/New Testaments" in
_Kamlups Wawa_.  Every bit of it's been in LeJeune's hand.

tlus son,
Dave

 *VISIT the archives of the CHINOOK jargon and the SALISHAN & neighboring*
		    <=== languages lists, on the Web! ===>
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/salishan.html
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/chinook.html