Check out FUR TRADERS and MISSIONARIES (fwd)

Jeffrey Kopp jeffkopp at TELEPORT.COM
Mon Jun 7 00:58:04 UTC 1999

Hi, Dave.  That is indeed an interesting Web site, which much info
about the Spokanes and references to several Native books I hadn't
seen before.

The front page/index of the site is apparently
http://members.aol.com/spokanetr/index0.html.

One page lists a Spokane vocabulary attributed to George Gibbs which
I was not previously aware of.  "Spokane-English Dictionary by George
Gibbs from CONTRIBUTIONS TO NORTH AMERICAN ETHNOLOGY, 1877" is at
http://members.aol.com/spokanetr/index8.html

Regards,

Jeff