Chinook Jargon/Indian Sign Language Class Gathering

judybridges judybridges at FOXINTERNET.NET
Thu Jun 10 01:32:02 UTC 1999

Klahowya,

A group of Fort Nisqually volunteers is starting a Chinook Jargon/Indian Sign Language Class.  We plan to meet every other week or so throughout the summer.  I would like to invite the members of this list to join us.  Our first meeting will be this Friday, June 11th at Fort Nisqually.  Fort Nisqually is within Pt. Defiance Park, Tacoma.  We will gather at 6:30 PM.  Push the gate in the Palisades open and come in.  The gate will be closed but not locked.  Please note that this will be a drug and alcohol free event.

None of our group know much Chinook Jargon or Indian Sign Language.  We will be the "Blind leading the Blind" so to speak.  So, come with that in mind.  We plan to use Duane Pasco's book and tape to begin our Chinook Jargon.  For the sign language, we will be using "North American Indian Sign Language" by Karen Liptak.

Towes'ta Awea'a
Judy Bridges