Enit?

David Gene Lewis coyotez at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Wed Jun 23 17:21:54 UTC 1999

I disagree that the word enit is non-native, I would think the social
context would truly determine the meaning of the word. The native use of
the word would be different from the non-native use and would have
phenomenological connections which do not exist in the non-native world. I
have heard this word used extensively on the reservations in Oregon and I
do not always understand what is meant. What ever the origin of the word,
that would not necessarily determine the word ownership. Besides it is
hard for me to make a firm determination of origination over e-mail.
In Spirit
David