Thank you

John Schilke schilkej at OHSU.EDU
Sun Jun 27 00:35:52 UTC 1999

Dear New Friends of the Chinook Group, the "Jargonauts"!  (For so we were
dubbed by Dave Porter, director of the End of the Oregon Trail
Interpretive Center.)

It was really a pleasure to have you join our brave little band today at
the EOTIC in Oregon City, and I want you to feel welcome to return.  I
enjoyed meeting you and having you participate in our discussion.

Please join the Chinook List.  The easiest way is to go to Jeff Kopp's
web-page,
	http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Delphi/6460/jargintr.htm
and scroll through it.  The is a handy subscription form there, and also
many links to other Chinook Jargon sites, including information about the
Grande Ronde affair August 13-15.  So look at it carefully.

Again, it was really fun for us to meet you.  Jeff and I have decided to
have a meeting on July 24th, after all, same place.  We'd hope you'd like
to come, although I'll be out of town that week-end so that I'll miss
you.  Perhaps I'll see you at Grande Ronde, though -- I'd like that.

Chinook Jargon, like most mossy things in Oregon, will grow you.  I hope
you'll stick with it.  The other members of our small group will, I'm
sure, like to meet you, too.

Kloshe nanitch!  (I.e., "watch out!" a common CJ expression)
John