Sources of CJ recorded in the Inland NW/NEW TO THIS LIST

bob rock bobrockproductions at INET2000.COM
Tue Mar 2 21:38:39 UTC 1999

Tansi Dave and List!

I am brand new to this list.  I am a Metis from the St.Louis-Batoche,
Saskatchewan area.  I am a writer/producer/photographer eager to learn
more about Metis history, culture, language and traditions.

Do we have any Metis "linguistic experts" on this list?

The Metis local that I belong to would like to have the words "EQUALITY,
DIGNITY AND RIGHTS" engraved onto a memorial plaque we are putting
together (to honour our elders and ancestors).  Might anyone on this
list be able to venture a Metis/Michif  translation of the words,
'EQUALITY, DIGNITY AND RIGHTS"?

And how might those translated Michif words differ and vary in the
Chinook tongue?

Thanks in advance,
Sincerely,
Bob