Twana

Mike Cleven ironmtn at BIGFOOT.COM
Sat Mar 6 20:18:49 UTC 1999

At 12:01 AM 3/6/99 -0800, David Robertson wrote:
>LaXiyEm,
>
>The T at waduxq are Salishan, not Chinookan -- the "contact" I'm
>hypothesizing is not one entailing genetic relationship so much as one
>permitting certain conditions to have existed in the formation of CJ.
>
>I'm just interested in whether the Chinookans may've happened to pass by
>Vancouver Island on their way to the Skokomish area.
>
>If they did, then they may have had pre-"historic" contact with the
>Nootkans.

I must be mistaken in who I'm thinking of, then; a tribe on the eastern
area of Puget Sound, maybe the Bangor area, about whose language and
culture little is known, as they were nearly extinct by the time of the
"opening up" of the region from the 1840s onwards, and already on the wane
at the time of Contact.....

Mike Cleven
ironmtn at bigfoot.com
http://members.home.net/ironmtn/