Mitchif vs. French vs. English

Nadja Adolf nadolf at NAVITEL.COM
Fri Mar 12 18:06:34 UTC 1999

Hold on their, Hoss. First, the PNW coastal speech *isn't* broadcast English
- there are subtle but meaningful differences in the handling of some
vowels, some consonant emphases (?), and some dipthongs.

As one moves east from the coast - say to Lynden, WA at the north, and
starting East of the Cascades in Oregon, one comes into a prarie twang
region - and Lynden isn't that far from the coast at all.

North-wet? Not where I was born! High desert!