quiz

Tue May 11 16:43:18 UTC 1999

LaXiyEm, Linda,

That's exactly what I had in mind!  A little context weght (or should I
keep the context light?):

Joel Palmer's vocabulary of CJ is the only one I've ever seen where the
numerals are used *after* the noun.  Also there are some features of
this vocabulary list that are just plain riddled with mistakes.  That's
why I hinted that he might have said something perverse like

Klahowya taghum

("six klahowyas")...

Okay, okay,

("too good", eh)

enough already.  Best from
Dave

 *VISIT the archives of the CHINOOK jargon and the SALISHAN & neighboring*
		    <=== languages lists, on the Web! ===>
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/salishan.html
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/chinook.html