web pepa wawa chinuk kopa duchman wawa (fwd)

Thu May 6 15:03:42 UTC 1999

Lhush chxi san,

The creator of that webpage informs me that the idea was to "make a
system which allows to find cinuk words easily," and I must say there is
a great deal of sense in that.

By resorting to the consonantal bare bones of each word, one avoids in
large degree the confusion of the varying spellings seen in the numerous
CJ writing systems.

But what, I wonder, about minimal pairs of words distinguished one from
another only by vowels or by vowel length?

It's fascinating.
Dave