"War Dance of Old": July 18, 1895: Any more?

Sat Nov 6 02:52:13 UTC 1999

Qhata mayka, Henry?

Welp, found a little bit more stuff in the WPA-funded index of the Spokane
_Spokesman-Review_; of course, that was done from an Inland NW viewpoint
of what's interesting to catalog and what isn't.  There were several other
newspapers in Spokan Falls a.k.a. Spokane Falls a.k.a. Spokan a.k.a.
Spokane, and I hope to gradually make my way through them all, searching
for relevant material.

Please let me note that I'm looking in Spokane newspapers precisely
because they are outside the usual focus of CJ research, and because I
have some hope that they'll help me better determine the role CJ may have
played in my region.

As I do with the technique of wandering through your local libraries' NW
book collections, I urge each of you to try your hand at this searching of
old newspapers and similar ephemeral sources -- Scholars seem to have had
a way of overlooking these so far when they study the history of CJ!

Alta na lhatEwa.
Dave

 *VISIT the archives of the CHINOOK jargon and the SALISHAN & neighboring*
		    <=== languages lists, on the Web! ===>
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/salishan.html
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/chinook.html