Chinook phrase in song

Jeffrey Kopp jeffkopp at USWEST.NET
Fri Mar 31 21:52:34 UTC 2000

Hi.  I received an inquiry to translate the Jargon lyrics (two
phrases) in a mid-1800's song from B.C. which is to be recorded.  I
think I did OK.  I asked if he could send the details along for the
benefit of the list and here they are, the complete song and its
source.  Our exchange about the Jargon lyrics is in the quoted
portion at the bottom.

(If I muffed the translation, please be sure to let us know.)

Regards,

Jeff