Quiz/lhaksta kEmtEks?

janilta janilta at J.EMAIL.NE.JP
Wed May 3 16:17:11 UTC 2000

Hello, Dave,

Here again we shall be soon confronted to the definition of
pidgin/creole... and of official/national language ;-)
Or is it a Lingua Franca...?!?
I guess Afrikaans (South Africa) is one, Sango, Bambara and Ligala also
(national languages, not official though), whereas KiSwahili is an
actual Bantu language with a large amount of Arabic words (perhaps as
English with French words), Bahasa Melayu in Indonesia too... Hmmmm...
Bislama (Vanuatu), Kreyol Ayisyen (Haiti), Tok Pisin (PNG), Seselwa
(Seychelles), Crioulo (Cabo Verde), Morisyen (Mauritius) are more
obvious examples I guess...
I already see more than 4 anyway... ;-)

Cheers, Yann.