web pepa wawa chinuk kopa duchman wawa

Mike Cleven mike_cleven at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu May 4 15:26:34 UTC 2000

>From: David Robertson <drobert at TINCAN.TINCAN.ORG>

>Lhush chxi san,
>
>That's got to be one of the oddest webpages I've ever seen.  Fascinating!
>What gave you the idea?  Reading Samuel Parker, pages 194-198?

Don't see what's odd about it; interesting to see the Dutchman phonological
usage of Latin script "imposed" on a vowel-stripped rendering of the Jargon
lexicon.  Kind of along the lines of the "standard" common-spelling I was
describing long ago, once upon a time; like Hebrew, Yiddish and Arabic
dispensing with unnecessary vowels and just coming up with a "code" for the
known words of the tongue; like Duployan but without any specific proscribed
phonology.  Actually, I found this a bit easier to read than the Grand Ronde
IPA in use within the list....

MC