Making the sounds?

oklevueha at JUNO.COM oklevueha at JUNO.COM
Sun Sep 3 01:18:04 UTC 2000

A long time ago when I was in Siletz, I was told by a local that the best
way to learn Chinook Jargon is when one is drunk. The reason given is,
[that] is when the state of mind and the neural link to the speech center
is in its most receptive modality to pronounce the strange sounds which
accompany the constanants spoken in Chinook Jargon.

I wonder!  Is this really the case? I am sure he was refering to Primary
English speakers who didn't have the capacity to pronounce certain sounds
without using teaching aids.

Respectfully,

Norbert Johnson
Been there... Done that (GR & Siletz)