Fun with grammar

Nadja Adolf nadja at NODE.COM
Fri Sep 8 07:05:06 UTC 2000

Well, I bought Yule's linguistics book yesterday and have made it through
Chapter 10.

I don't have a clue on the hypercoric (sp?) phrase "Chrissy Pressies" meaning.

I also have some questions about Chinook grammar, now that I understand the
meaning of some of those SVO and otherwise phrases.

So, can someone here give me the parts of speech allowed in Chinook Wawa?
And how they're made?

It might help me sound more "correct."

I intend to order "The Language Files" once our gateway machine (and web
service) is restored.

This has been a very strange period of time - the hard drive on the gateway
failed, so we're down to uucp mail over phone lines with no other net
access until we replace the gateway harddrive.

nadja