place name - Lasca

rtwright@grassrootsgroup.com rtwright at GRASSROOTSGROUP.COM
Thu Sep 14 15:19:23 UTC 2000

Theresa;

Re Lasca.  I had the name of the poem spelled with a K but evidently it is a
C, so who knows .  Here is what my son says:

"Lasca" is by someone named Frank Desprez.  David Longworth told me once
that he thought Desprez was a Englishman or easterner who spent some time
out west.  Don't have handy the name of the book where I found the poem, and
have not come across it anywhere else, will get a copy to you.

It's a great poem and could well have migrated along with cattle.

Hope this helps

Richard Wright

-- **********
"The Rough But Honest Miner"  -- Reclaimed music from BC's goldrush years
Richard Wright & Cathryn Wellner with Ken Hamm & the Wake-Up Jacob Band.
John & Michelle Law, Willie P. Bennett, Donna Konsorado, Caridwen Irvine,
Duncan Bell .
Running time over 1 hour,  $24.95 [US $17.95]

"Castles in the Air" Music and Stories of the Gold Rush - a companion book
to the CD. Stories behind the songs with complete lyrics. $12.95 [US $9.95]
Package price: $32.95 [US $25]
Winter Quarters Press, Box 15 Miocene, Williams Lake, B.C. V2G 2P3
250-296-4432 Fax: 250-296-4429  e-mail: cwellner at goldrushbc.com