Long's Dictionary

Jeffrey Kopp jeffkopp at QWEST.NET
Wed Apr 4 02:40:13 UTC 2001

Klahowya!

I've heard from our old friend Joseph Nichter, currently at Ft.
Campbell, KY, who has a copy of Frederic J. Long's Jargon dictionary
to sell (Lowman and Hanford, 1909).  He describes it as having a
binding/spine that is "a little worn" but otherwise "in pretty good
condition."

He continues:

>I AM INTERESTED IN SELLING THAT BOOK IF YOU PUT IT ON THE JARGON LIST, THAT
>WOULD BE GREAT! I'M TRYING TO LEARN CHEROKEE NOW & IT'S HARDER THAN JARDON
>OR LAKOTA. IN THESE LANGUAGES "RED" IS ONE WORD, "BIRD" IS ANOTHER WORD AND
>TOGETHER THEY MAKE "REDBIRD" BUT NOT IN CHEROKEE!!! IT'S TOUGH. ANYWAY TALK
>TO YOU LATER.......JOSEPH

Anyone interested, or who would wish to communicate with Joseph
otherwise, just let me know, I'll put you in touch.

Regards,

Jeff