More on mountain beavers & NW English

Dave Robertson TuktiWawa at NETSCAPE.NET
Sat Apr 28 23:34:14 UTC 2001

Klahowya, Mike,

Your guess is as good as mine, at this point.  I'd better go to the website mentioned...  I have never heard of "mountain beavers", nor those "Chinook" names for them, in my life.  Note that one of the names is "kick-willy", presumably /kikwEli/ "under; beneath".  Underground?

Dave