Any other Ojibway words in the Jargon?

Jeffrey Kopp jeffkopp at ATTBI.COM
Mon Dec 24 01:39:25 UTC 2001

Klahowya.

I received an inquiry, the salient portion of which is below.  I was
going to write back explaining that there was no connection, "wawa"
in Jargon came from Nootka, Nittinat and/or Chinook (citing Gibbs and
Shaw).  But I thought before replying I would look to see how many
Ojibway words did make it into the Jargon, and came up with only
muckamuck.  Ojibway had a pretty wide range.  Aren't there others?

Regards,

Jeff