Chinuk-wawa hihi #1:  Nixwa ma tl'ap tEnEs-wawa!

Dave Robertson TuktiWawa at NETSCAPE.NET
Sun Jan 14 03:37:35 UTC 2001

Friends,

If your humble moderator has successfully figured out how to attach a file to this email, you have here perhaps the world's first Chinook Jargon word-search puzzle.

Note:  It's written in my own email version of the current Grand Ronde writing system.  If asked, I will soon create another puzzle like this, in the "ahnkuttie" writing.

Print out the puzzle, circle the words you find, and send me a copy at:
1024 W. 13th #3, Spokane, WA, 99204, USA.  The person who finds the greatest number of words will have US$10.00 donated in their name to the Endangered Languages Fund.  Your entry must reach me by March 1, 2001!

Enjoy!
Dave