Chinuk-wawa word-search puzzle #3:  Grand Ronde alphabet

Dave Robertson TuktiWawa at NETSCAPE.NET
Sun Jan 21 03:53:01 UTC 2001

LhaxayEm again,

Here, for balance, is a third word-search, using the current Grand Ronde Reservation adaptation of Americanist writing.

Clue:  If you have read the short "Frog" story that was handed out at the Chinuk Lu7lu, you will find all the words from that story here.

(I don't know whether I'd have permission to reprint that story here, however.)

Anybody want to put this one on a website also?

The person whose entry is postmarked by March 15th and who finds the most words will have a potlatch made in their name to the Society for the Study of the Indigenous Languages of the Americas, in the amount of $10.00.

My address is 1024 W. 13th (#3), Spokane, WA, 99204-3809, USA.

Lhush chandi-ubut!
Dave Robertson