COPACETIC rides again

Jeffrey Kopp jeffkopp at QWEST.NET
Tue Jul 3 20:19:03 UTC 2001

I don't doubt that the origin of copacetic may be undeterminable.
But I was glad to find there was some source for my initial
impression, even if it is a misconception, and also interested to
find a purported "Chinook" word ("copasenee") given for its source.

(I thought I had seen it in Nard Jones' book Seattle, but upon
reviewing it some time ago I couldn't find it.  I may have seen it in
something written by the Seattle P-I columnist Emmett Watson.)

J.