Chinuk Lu7lu #4, Neah Bay, WA: August 11 & 12!

Dave Robertson TuktiWawa at NETSCAPE.NET
Sat Jul 14 20:48:41 UTC 2001

Klahowya, tillicums,

It's time to post a formal announcement:  Yes, the fourth annual

CHINUK LU7LU / CHINOOK JARGON GATHERING

will be held at Neah Bay, Washington (Makah Cultural Center),

Saturday and Sunday, August 11 and 12.

There's been some discussion of the remoteness of Neah Bay; this gathering will be extremely well worth the trip!  We're looking forward to highlighting the special role that the WAKASHAN languages (including Makah) played in the early formation of Chinook Jargon.  Several fun activities on the agenda will provide us the opportunity to learn and use Jargon socially.

Thanks to Maria Pascua and the Makah tribe for graciously hosting this gathering.

You may be hearing more from Maria or the other Lu7lu "tyees" as we approach mid-August.

Who's planning to go?

Dave