just to add....

Mike Cleven mike_cleven at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 5 11:26:32 UTC 2001

re my other comments about other people also being uncomfortable with the
cultural and historical biases emerging in CHINOOK and evident at the
workshop; they're not as vocal as I have been about this because (as
indicated by private emails) they're partly cowed and intimidated and partly
insulted by the drift of things, and wary of being bullied and demonized by
the PC element who've been vocal in criticizing "unacceptable" ideas
concerning the CJ and the history of this region.  I've tempered my tongue
somewhat to try and retain some civility around here, but since I've already
been lashed and whipped for having my own mind I don't see any reason to
turn it off now; I will NOT be whipped into silence by someone accusing me
of "bulldogging people".....but other people _have_ been silenced, and I
daresay that other interested non-natives (or unprejudiced natives) who've
browsed the list archive have probably been put off by the same invective.
Sure, blame it on the victim; I've got my black hat on, folks, but it ain't
me who put it there.....

MC