Tahlklie and Polaklie/TALAPUS AND POLAKLI

Scott Tyler, M.D. Scott.Tyler at MULTICARE.ORG
Fri Feb 22 03:02:31 UTC 2002

LaXayam wawa chakinac(jargonauts)
THE TOPIC LATELY HAS BEEN TALAPUS AND POLAKLI
I REWORKED A POEM DO NOT KNOW IF IT FLOWS ANY DIFFERENTLY,
OR MEANS ANY MORE OR LESS.
AN ODD WORD OR TWO COMES FROM GILL'S--WHOM I WAS TOLD IS NOT
A REAL ACCURATE SOURCE.
I DEBATE WITH MY SELF ABOUT SHORTENING YAKA  TO YA, ETC.
SEE BELOW--CONSTRUCTIVE OR DESTRUCTIVE FEED BACK MUCH APPRECIATED.
tloosh nanich
scott

ta.lapas

ta.lapas
   tlu.sh mayka sha.ntey
		coyote you'd better sing
mayka munk cha.ku. tla.x cilcil
		you make the stars appear
na ta.lis sha.ntey
		my darling sing
mayka munk mitxwit u.tlam
		you make the moon rise
o.pica sha.ntey
		beloved sing
mayka ma.mu.k cha.ku. win'
   ya ko.l
		you make the cold winds
o. ta.lapas ya.wa
   alta deleyt si.ya
		O coyote so far away

		* hilu hihi na tamtam  Do not play with my heart
hi.lu. munk la.la. nayka ta.mta.m
   spu.s wik' e.na. ka.kwa
		don't torment me
mayka mayi.na oqoq