"kickininee" (kokanee) information sought

Liland Brajant Ros' lilandbr at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Jun 15 04:49:06 UTC 2002

FWIW I recall the term "kokanee" (not "kickininee", though) as a kind of
salmon or trout from my childhood, but don't recall it being specifically
BC. I was born and raised in Washington. But we did go fishing once in the
Caribou Country, when I was maybe ten or so, and it's possible that's where
I learned the term. Haven't fished in 35 years. But I learned most of my
fishing terms in Paha Sapa, the Black Hills of South Dakota, and I think
kokanee (the word, not the fish necessarily) was current there.

lilEnd