Revival of Hula

Ross Clark (FOA DALSL) r.clark at AUCKLAND.AC.NZ
Tue Jun 25 00:28:58 UTC 2002

The hula revival has been going since the 1970s at least. I saw a
sensational group led by Edith Kanaka'ole at the South Pacific Arts Festival
in 1976.

More directly in the Kanaka-Chinook connection, the Squamish people at
Capilano (North Vancouver) now have a hula group. I just missed one of their
performances when I was in Vancouver last year.

Ross Clark