Swanton's The Indian Tribes of North America

Jeffrey Kopp jeffkopp at ATTBI.COM
Fri Jun 28 11:44:32 UTC 2002

Hi.  Does someone have handy a copy of Swanton, John R., The Indian Tribes of North America, 1952, reprinted 1969, 1979, Smithsonian Institution Press, Washington, D.C.?  I need to know how it's copyrighted, by the author or by the SI.  It'd save me a trip downtown to look.

(My link to a couple excerpts from it went dead, but I have the text; if it lacks a copyright--U.S. Gov't works are public domain--I can put the excerpts on my site to replace the lost link.)

Thanks.

Jeff