kakowan yaka pishak

Jim Holton jim at ADISOFT-INC.COM
Tue Feb 4 17:37:33 UTC 2003

In the book I am working on (and hopefully have finished in the next
months), I used "kakowan yaka pishak" for orca because it was the only
attestation that I could find that directly referenced an orca.  It is
from "The Legend of the Flood - According to the Ohyaht tradition:" by
Alfred Carmichael.  I got the manuscript the the Provincial archives in
Victoria, B.C.   Klahauyem, Jim