Inquiry from author re Hudson's Bay and the Jargon

Jeffrey Kopp jeffkopp at ATTBI.COM
Wed Jan 29 14:45:01 UTC 2003

I received an inquiry from someone compiling a Northwest history book, which he described as mostly photos with some descriptive text.  He is looking for a brief overview of how the Jargon was used in the Hudson's Bay trade and requested to quote briefly from my site. All he has is a photocopy of one of the undated T.N. Hibbens editions.

I replied that my site was a hobby effort and I lacked sufficient confidence in my own material to authorize its use, cautioned him that the brown background pages (the "Tenas Wawa" half) weren't mine but Duane's, and pointed him in the direction of my links to more authoritative resources, plus the Province of Manitoba's Hudson's Bay archives, at http://www.gov.mb.ca/chc/archives/hbca/

I also suggested he contact the Fort Vancouver guides, as my impression is they're the most knowledgable in the particular area he is looking for.  I still don't have a link or contact for these guys, however (and regrettably).

Anybody want to help this guy out, please let me know, I'll connect 'ya up.

Thanks.

Jeff