TS Bulmer letter part 2 (Kamloops Wawa)

David Robertson ddr11 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Sat Apr 10 21:51:37 UTC 2004

We can hope some student of Jargon will track down Bulmer's papers.
There's probably a dissertation to be written on them.  I've found lots
more Jargon stuff from Bulmer (either definitely or probably), including
writings on geography, astronomy (?), and religion.  That's just Kamloops
Wawa things...it's looking like he really did compose a great deal of
material in CJ.

Did I pass along St Onge's letter that was published in KW?  I'll do that
right quick if not.

--Dave

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 22:35:07 -0700, hzenk at PDX.EDU wrote:

>Thanks very much, Dave.
>
>Say, does anybody know anything about T.S. Bulmer, or more particularly,
what
>happened to the mass of Chinuk Wawa materials Pilling credits to him?
(Pilling
>pages 10-12).  He was evidently working on the definitive description of
the
>language, but none of it was ever published to my knowledge.  Pilling's
list
>includes Chinuk Wawa texts both by Eells and St. Onge; haven't checked
through
>it all, but I do know I've never heard of "Legends in Jargon, by Pere St.
Onge,