James Teit writing in CJ

Leanne Riding riding at TIMETEMPLE.COM
Tue Aug 31 09:43:30 UTC 2004

I got stuck on a word and decided to look for a work by Teit,and
found a funny irregularity at Canadiana. This book:

Teit, James Alexander. Boas, Franz. _A rock painting of the
Thompson river Indians,_ British Columbia. New York, 1896.

Is not there. In its place is one of the Wawa-script books:

Le Jeune. _Chinook First Reading Book: including Chinook Hymns,
Syllabary and Vocabulary._ Kamloops, 1893.

[http://www.canadiana.org/ECO/PageView/16241/0003]